Tell us a little bit about who you are and about the single you’re releasing today?
– I’m an artist who loves to create my own music and to inspire people with my lyrics. I’m definitely a performer who wants to entertain people. Ever since I was little I’ve had the goal to always go my own way and do my own thing. My new single ‘Perfect’ is about being proud of all your imperfections and to never apologize for being you. The song means a lot to me and I hope it can touch a lot of people.
How did your music career begin?
– I’ve been working with music on a professional level ever since I was thirteen. At fourteen, I got signed to a record label in LA, which gave me the opportunity to work with different musicians and producers in the US. I’ve released a couple of singles back home in Sweden since then, and I also ended up on the Swedish song competition Melodifestivalen in 2015, which turned out to be my big break over here. I’m really excited to be back with some new music now.
What inspires you?
– Feelings, relationships and Beyoncé.
What does your songwriting process look like?
– I’m best at writing melodies, so usually, that’s where my process starts. I’ll sometimes write my melodies on top of an instrumental track, or I’ll try out different chords. Then I decide what concept or situation I want to sing about, and write the lyrics last.
Why did you choose Amuse for distribution?
– As I run my own label ‘Licious Music’ nowadays, I know how important it is to keep control of my investments and revenues. I find it awesome that Amuse let me keep 100% of the revenues I make from all streaming and download sales. The service is also super simple to use when you can handle everything from your phone.
What’s your best advice to other independent artists?
– Don’t wait for anyone else to do the work for you. Cause, believe me, if you work hard enough and believe in yourself – you will get people’s attention.
What’s your New Year’s resolution?
– To create and release more music than ever. And to love myself more.